The 3rd general assembly of the Swiss Metabolomics Society took place the 8th of November at the Inselspital Bern.
We thank 35 participants for the lively discussions and great interactions during the meeting.
The general meeting was consisted of two sessions of presentations.
Endre Laczko chaired the scientific presentations:
- Cédric Bovet, Inselspital Bern: Metabolite profiling for the Clinics: the Clinical Metabolomics Facility
- Andrea Steuer, Forensic Institute of Zürich: Metabolomics in Forensics
- Julien Boccard, University of Geneva: Exploring human urinary biomarkers of dioxin exposure using metabolomics and biologically-driven data dimensionality reduction
- Christian Berchtold, Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz: Dried Blood Spots a Matrix for Metabolomics Studies?
- Martin Thomas Gaugg, ETH Zürich: Breath metabolomics in respiratory diseases
Luke Simmons chaired the vendor’s presentations:
- Jens Jacobsen, Waters: Non targeted approaches to metabolomics
- Guido Sonsmann, Thermo: The needle in a haystack challenge – from an Orbitrap Perspective
- Christian Baumann, SCIEX: Solutions for Metabolomics research
During the General Assembly the new board was elected. All members accepted the election and are highly motivated to keep the momentum of the society. A first board meeting is planned for February 2018 to prepare the year.
- Serge Rudaz, President
- Pablo Sinues, Vice President
- David Tonoli, Treasurer
- Guido Sonsmann, Secretary
- Julijana Ivanisevic, Board member
- Cédric Bovet, Board member
- Endre Laczko, Board member
- Christian Berchtold, Board member
- Patrick Kiefer, Board member
- Julien Boccard, Webmaster
- Luke Simmons, Board member of Honor