The Swiss Metabolomics Society offers three grants to support PhD students and postdocs to attend the 15th Annual Conference of the Metabolomics Society that will be held in Hague, June 23-27. The grant may cover up to 300 CHF of travel expenses.
1. Member of a research group or facility in Switzerland that is working in the field of metabolomics/lipidomics or applying metabolomics to other scientific areas
2. Within five years after graduating from their highest degree
3. Abstract accepted for presentation (oral/poster)
Candidates must submit a brief application, including the abstract of the communication, a short CV and a travel budget to firstname.lastname@example.org
Awardees are expected to attend and actively participate to the conference by presenting the awarded poster or oral communication. They should include SMS logo to a poster or an oral presentation.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED
The next General Assembly of the Swiss Metabolomics Society will be held on 14th November 2018 in Bern, please save the date!
Please send us a short notice by email (email@example.com)
if you will attend the meeting.
The meeting is free of charge.
Lunch will not be provided, however there are numerous places for food in the local area including cafeteria and restaurants from Inselspital. Further information will be communicated during the meeting.
The final program is now available below:
The meeting will be held at Inselspital in Bern,
in the “Dermatologie” building, room B113 (entrance 14b, see map below).
From the main station, take bus 11 direction Inselspital,
until bus stop Inselspital (3-5 min from the main station).
The 3rd general assembly of the Swiss Metabolomics Society took place the 8th of November at the Inselspital Bern.
We thank 35 participants for the lively discussions and great interactions during the meeting.
The general meeting was consisted of two sessions of presentations.
Endre Laczko chaired the scientific presentations:
- Cédric Bovet, Inselspital Bern: Metabolite profiling for the Clinics: the Clinical Metabolomics Facility
- Andrea Steuer, Forensic Institute of Zürich: Metabolomics in Forensics
- Julien Boccard, University of Geneva: Exploring human urinary biomarkers of dioxin exposure using metabolomics and biologically-driven data dimensionality reduction
- Christian Berchtold, Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz: Dried Blood Spots a Matrix for Metabolomics Studies?
- Martin Thomas Gaugg, ETH Zürich: Breath metabolomics in respiratory diseases
Luke Simmons chaired the vendor’s presentations:
- Jens Jacobsen, Waters: Non targeted approaches to metabolomics
- Guido Sonsmann, Thermo: The needle in a haystack challenge – from an Orbitrap Perspective
- Christian Baumann, SCIEX: Solutions for Metabolomics research
During the General Assembly the new board was elected. All members accepted the election and are highly motivated to keep the momentum of the society. A first board meeting is planned for February 2018 to prepare the year.
- Serge Rudaz, President
- Pablo Sinues, Vice President
- David Tonoli, Treasurer
- Guido Sonsmann, Secretary
- Julijana Ivanisevic, Board member
- Cédric Bovet, Board member
- Endre Laczko, Board member
- Christian Berchtold, Board member
- Patrick Kiefer, Board member
- Julien Boccard, Webmaster
- Luke Simmons, Board member of Honor
Join us on 8th November in Bern!!!
We have an exciting list of speakers covering a wide range of metabolomics related research topics.
And of course all the top vendors will be there to present the state-of-the-art in detection and analysis tools.
Registration can be found here and the Program is now available here .
The meeting will be held at the
Please note that the SMS will hold our second elections during the next meeting. Several positions will be available on the Society organizational board.
If you are interested in being a candidate for the SMS "Board of Directors" please send your CV and a short bio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to SMS member PD. Dr. Pablo M-L Sinues on his recent appointment to Professor at the University of Basel!
Prof. Sinues has established a research group focusing on breath metabolomics and translational medicine at the University Children´s Hospital Basel (UKBB).
Mark your calendars!
SMS will hold our next meeting in late 2017
SMS group photo, 25 November 2016
the Second annual General Assembly of the SMS
November 25 2016; 10:00 - 14:00
the Functional Genomics Center Zurich
UZH Irchel Campus, Building Y44, level H, room 05 (see map)
Registration is closed
Thanks for joining us in Zurich!
Group photo from the first meeting of the Swiss Metabolomics Society, Basel 1 December 2015
represents all metabolites in a biological cell, tissue, organ or organism. Alteration in metabolite levels reflect the current state or environment of the organism, e.g. healthy vs disease. The study of these changes is called metabolomics.